There are service areas with restaurant, refuelling and shopping facilities at frequent intervals on all French motorways, as well as numerous pleasant rest areas for taking a break.
- - Regular breaks are a must for drivers and passengers alike.
- - Most service areas have the following facilities:
- Wooded picnic areas
- Children’s play areas
- Nursery areas
- - The pleasant, convenient rest areas along France’s motorways are designed to encourage motorists to take regular breaks. All have toilets and most have picnic tables and children’s pay areas.
- You’ll find one every 15 km on average.
France’s motorway service areas cater to all tastes, offering a broad choice of full meals and light snacks.
Any type of meal:
In summer, some service areas
- Sandwiches and other fast-food options
- Self-service cafeteria
- Restaurant with waiter service
run the special Croq’Malin programme promoting balanced meals at very affordable prices.
- - There are more than 330 shops along the French motorway network, selling a wide range of products: :
- Regional specialities
- Newspapers, magazine and books
- Clothing, electronic equipment, etc.
- - Other facilities include:
- Cash dispensers (ATMs)
Think about it !
Most areas are today equipped with adapted trash cans for selective sorting. Use them!
KEEPING IN TOUCH
- Forty or so service areas have internet terminals or WiFi hotspots, from which you can send email or surf the web.