Rain and wind
On wet road surfaces, tyre grip is halved, stopping distances are doubled, and accidents are twice as frequent.
Maximum speed: 110 km/h
- Drive at a safe distance from the vehicle in front (two white lines at least).
- In poor visibility:
- Slow down
- Increase the distance from the vehicle in front
- Switch on your dipped-beam headlights
- Pay attention to the striped red and white "windsocks", which indicate the wind speed and direction.
- Wind is a serious risk, especially under the following conditions:
- If your car is heavily loaded
- If you’re towing a caravan or trailer
- If you’re driving a van or lorry
- When you’re overtaking a heavy goods vehicle.